[Slowhand] Well, now look what you've done!

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 09:07:12 EDT 2007

(Tongue inserted fully in cheek) Perhaps the talk of John Mayer's lack of guitar skills or questionable dating choices did it, but Mayer is not listed as one of the performers at the Crossroads Festival on www.pollstar.com Nor is the Crossroads Festival listed on his website. His name remains listed on www.toyotapark.com and on an old www.whereseric.com news item.

Maybe Johnny Winter has been given Mayer's spot? Or this may mean nothing. During the first Crossroads Festival, I recall J.J. Cale being listed, then not listed, then appearing anyway.

And by the way, what was the deal with John Mayer and Buddy Guy during the first Crossroads Festival? It looked like Buddy was 1) bound and determined to get his full thirty minutes despite B.B. running over and 2) he seemed intent on guitar dueling Mayer into submission. Finally, he just laid the guitar at Buddy's feet then meekly left the stage. but I've also heard that the powers that be were about to cut Buddy's power because he wouldn't get off the stage. Very strange.