[Slowhand] More Crossroads musings

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 09:06:57 EDT 2007

It is interesting to speculate on artists that may appear unannounced at the Crossroads Festival. Mark Knopfler and Pete Townshend come to mind and are not currently on tour.

But my money would be on Bonnie Raitt. The first Crossroads Festival was slammed not once, not twice, but three times for not featuring female guitarists. True, there are a couple of female performers this time around. Bonnie also appeared with Clapton, Cray, Vaughan and Guy for the SRV tribute.

Another possibility is Susan Tedeschi (aka Mrs. Derek Trucks). But I don't know what to expect from Derek Trucks. He is the only performer with "solo" beside his name. Does that mean he'll do a set all by himself or does it mean he will just join other performers on stage? We'll see!