[Slowhand] Crossroads / Robbie & Johnny added !!!

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Tue Jul 3 12:21:59 EDT 2007

Slowhanders,

Wow, I love the addition of Robbie Robertson and Johnny Winter.

I hope Robertson and Clapton play together during the show. I was just thinking about Robbie because I was watching my video of Robbie Robertson playing CCR with John Fogerty at the induction of CCR into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I love that performance. Springsteen comes out and plays with them also.

Have Clapton and Johnny Winter ever played together anywhere? I can't recall anything. I thought maybe with the Muddy Waters link that their paths might have crossed somewhere.

Its so great to see that Johnny has lasted this long. God bless him. I've heard that albinos have a limited life span generally speaking. I remember seeing him and Edgar in 1971. Can't believe I'll see him again in 2007.

Any talk of Mark Knopfler making an appearance ?

Cheers,
Jay