[Slowhand] Jammie Thomas

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 23:23:46 EDT 2007

Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting this. Interesting stuff. I haven't really followed this case, and I don't know much about the record industry, but I have followed up on several other similar stories now. I was able to find out that JT is 30-yrs old - the photos I've seen tend to make her look much younger. Apparently, she has little assets - a good position to be in if there is ever a large judgment against you - like $220k.

- Who are the recording companies plaintiffs - I got Sony, but are there others?

- Do you think that the plaintiff will really seek out the judgment against JT - or have they already achieved their goal (because we're talking about it?).

- Given a judgment such as this, what are JT's options if the plaintiffs demand payment? I doubt that bankruptcy absolves responsibility. They go after her wages - what if she resigns? Then what? Can she leave the country to "escape" - Canada? Would JT be in contempt of court then?

Mel