[Slowhand] Crossroads II, 8:00pm set

K S backlezz at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:36:12 EDT 2007

I have only seen ECs Crossraods II set once (the streaming that night), and lately just watched a few of the clips again. The argument I'm about to make could be critizised 'cause I've not gone though the whole Crossroads II in detail like I've done with Crossroads I.

But I honestly feel EC played better in 2004. He played with more energy, played more varied solos, more aggression in front of the mic, and his guitar sounded better. It's evident when you compare the two versions of Cocaine at the MSN Videos site. Cocaine 2004 is, to my ears, far superior to Cocaine 2007.

Truth is, I feel the 2004 Tour was a good deal better than the one in 2006/07, but I may have been fortunate/unfortunate with the shows I attended. Anyway, when I heard ECs comments on how he feels he's lost some of the chops he had during the Nothing But the Blues Tour, I found it hard to totally disagree.

It would be great to see a discussion on this. Anyone agree that the Crossroads I was better than the 2nd?

Cheers,
Kristoffer