[Slowhand] Band lineup

Steve Proctor drpr at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 8 08:57:55 EST 2007

> Who would you speculate the band will be

> for the February MSG shows?

> I suspect it will wind up being the band we

> saw at Crossroad's II

I agree. I think DT will be there if there are no conflicts. He really blended in nicely at Crossroads II. I wonder if the second drummer, Ian Thomas, will be there. It seemed to me that he followed Steve Jordan during the EC songs, but took the lead during the SW set.

However, as great as they were together, I think it will be a missed opportunity if Ginger Baker does not make an appearance. Even for a few of the songs that he helped create. EC was never satisfied with Blind Faith, so why not close this chapter of his career on his terms?

Besides, I don't think I have ever seen a better drummer than Ginger Baker. And I have seen some of the greats including Keith Moon, Jim Gordon, Kenny Jones, Carmine Appice, Charlie Watts, Ringo Starr, Zak Starkey, Jamie Oldaker, and Clapton's three Steves.