[Slowhand] Slunky

Luke Pacholski lukpac at lukpac.org
Sun Nov 11 20:36:18 EST 2007

Shanahan, re:

> Well, for a start you get the song as it was originally released.

> Every CD release of Slunky has the first half second cut.

> Anally retentive, and proud of it!

I don't have an LP to compare, but are you sure it isn't just Delaney's
*mix* that has the beginning cut? Clapton's mix has more at the beginning,
but it was only issued on LP by mistake and hasn't yet been released on
CD.

As a side note, the two mixes are like night and day to me - I can't stand
that lead sax on Delaney's mix, whereas things just seem to groove on
Eric's.

Luke