[Slowhand] Slunky

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 21:50:55 EST 2007

> are you sure it isn't just Delaney's > *mix* that has the beginning cut?

Hey Luke,

Yeah, I'm sure. I got the LP the day it was released, and it received a serious caning from me for the next few years. I know the album back to front.
It's as if someone was a tad too slow to hit the "record" button when transfering to digital (or something like that). The same thing happened on about 5 of the tracks on the first CD issue of Hendrix Smash Hits.

I'll rip it to MP3 and let you download it for a listen when I get home tonight.

BTW, it's interesting to note that all of Tom Dowd's production and mixing efforts on other releases have been readily available for years. Yet not for this album. It's also interesting to note that Eric's first attempt at mixing an album (and one he said he thought was awful) has been the one used for the last 35 years up until the Deluxe issue.

I hope you're reading between the lines there Luke ;-}

Cheers

Tone