[Slowhand] Best Buy SUCKS !!!!

David Gourlay david.gourlay at oracle.com
Wed Nov 21 14:15:01 EST 2007

I have to share my sad Crossroads 2007 DVD story. I am Canadian and learned the hard way that Best Buy USA and Best Buy Canada are different - which is ridiculous. I went to a Best Buy here in Ottawa yesterday at noon to hopefully get the special edition as I love the 2 extra songs with EC. Of course, they only had the regular version and after asking 3 sales guys, I finally got the general manager. The best he could do ? Well, he checked the inventory for all of Ottawa's best Buy stores - all 2 of them - and of course, no special edition.

I asked him if he could special order it from a US vendor and no - they are separate and there is no formal sales related relationship between them. So, after a back and forth, he told me short of going to a USA store, there was nothing I could do.

Great customer service. I also noticed that the Best Buy USA site does not list the Special Edition DVD. What a free-for-all between this and Target's different songs. Ridiculous

So - I was about to buy the DVD at 31$ Cdn at Best Buy and did not in protest. I went next door to HMV and they had it on sale for $20 Cdn.

Ha !

If anyone wants to burn the 2 songs for me, I am accepting charity :)