[Slowhand] Best Buy DVD update

Scott Wallenberg scottw at racerxill.com
Thu Nov 29 23:22:50 EST 2007

After also seeing the post on the Digest that the Bonus disc was only
available on-line I had my wife order it for me for Christmas a few days
before it hit the stores. Before it arrived, based on all the posts on this
Digest saying it was not inside their copy, I started to panic so I went to
the BB store here in Boise, Idaho and bought one as well. It was clearly
marked with a square black and yellow sticker on the front "Best Buy
exclusive" and also printed below the disc 2 set list on the back Bonus
Disc with both track listings (wrong title for GTGBIALW of course). What
threw me off was that
I also got the We're sorry e-mail from Best Buy with 10% coupon offer but
when it arrived it had the sticker on front and printing on back so my wife
wrapped them both up and hid them. Then a post on the digest said it was
clearly visible as an extra disc on the outside of the package and I
certainly did not see the disc visibly on my boxes so I made her go get them
as I "had" to know just what was inside......So I let my little ones enjoy
tearing the gift paper open and took my exacto blade and carefully I sliced
open the shrink wrap to reveal that yes there was an extra disc in both. The
back cover was an extra sleeve glued onto the existing back cover.

I think that the copies that were shipped to the BB warehouse in the eastern
USA were mistakenly shipped and of course the workers there haven't a clue.
Blond Rocker was told that the SKU number was the same so unless the sticker
is on the front or the back cover says Bonus Disc, it will not have the
extra disc.

Scott Wallenberg