[Slowhand] Cool Jools Holland DVD with Whitlock, Clapton

joeyjay at att.net joeyjay at att.net
Wed Dec 5 12:25:31 EST 2007

This DVD is old news, but I found myself enjoying that fine Jools Holland DVD last night with the following songs and artists. Good stuff.

I think the other song that Whitlock and Clapton did together that night, besides Bell Bottom Blues, was Wing and A Prayer, which had some of their classic vocal tradeoffs (if I remember correctly). But that song didn't make the DVD.

Paul McCartney - Brown Eyed Handsome Man
Joe Strummer - London Calling
Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
Pretenders - Kid
Dr. John - Creole Moon
Bryan Ferry - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
Georgie Fame - Yeh Yeh
Patti Smith - Because The Night
Leonard Cohen - Dance Me To The End Of Love
Paul Weller - A Town Called Malice
Dusty Springfield - Where Is A Woman To Go
Al Green - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Ronnie Spector & Divine Comedy - Don't Worry Baby
Willie Nelson - She Is Gone
Elvis Costello - ( I Don't Want To Go To ) Chelsea
Robbie Williams - Suspicious Minds
Solomon Burke - Cry To Me
Tom Jones - Crazy Arms
Jeff Beck - Brush With The Blues
Page & Plant - Gallows Pole
Pete Townshend - Magic Bus
Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley Is Crazy
Blondie - Heart of Glass
George Benson - On Broadway
Bobby Whitlock & Eric CLapton - Bell Bottom Blues
R.E.M. - The One I Love
Stevie Winwood - Gimme Some Lovin'
Lou Reed - Sweet Jane
Roger McGuinn - Eight Miles High