[Slowhand] Clapton needs a rocker album

David Fynan clwphils at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 5 16:37:57 EST 2007

For years Clapton has downplayed his guitar playing, and has admitted
as much. He'll bring the goods live at times, but on albums, not so
much. It seems to be pretty much secondary to him now. He seems
almost embarrassed that he's a great guitarist. While a jam album
would be neat, I say fat chance of that ever happening. If you don't
already have it, though, the Layla box set has a bunch of longs jams
on it.