[Slowhand] BEST BUY DVD -- THE FINAL CHAPTER

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 17:44:26 EST 2007

So, after four emails, two phone calls and two visits to the store, I've
finally straightened out the Crossroads II DVD bamboozle. Thanks to the
many fellow Slowhanders who posted their solutions, I too finally went to
the brick and mortar solution and confronted a customer service rep in
person (I had to visit the store twice because yours truly forgot the DVDs
which were at home sitting right where I left them so I wouldn't forget
them-any other 49-year-olds out there suffer from this wonderful malady?).

I must say, the in-store rep was very cool about the whole deal and it would
have been a piece of cake had I not had a way-too-early-in-life senior
moment. What makes this frustrating though, is that I was on hold waiting
for the customer service rep (who I am convinced was sitting in a call
center somewhere in India) only to be told that my case had been referred to
the "research department."

My emails were met with the same level of expertise and message.

And the kicker? Today, as I read through my emails I find one from Best Buy
telling me that they would have suggested I go to the store and make an
exchange but had seen (probably a member of the research department and
privy to my actions) that I had already done so! Well, thank you very much.

But I have to tell you my fellow Clapton fanatics, the trouble was well
worth it. The two bonus tracks are just awesome as those of you who were in
Bridgeport this past July are well aware. I have to say that the lineup
Eric had with him for this past tour was one of my favorites. Trucks is
just a phenomenal slide guitar player and by the time they rolled through
Chicago for the second time in less than a year, they were so in tune with
one another it was a joy to hear.

Jeff