[Slowhand] Derek Trucks - "I Feel Free"

RMS1 Debby at Avalonrecords.com
Thu Jan 3 13:48:18 EST 2008

I saw Susan & Derek in Boca Raton, FL last Friday night (12/28). They
did the same show as in Orlando; they called it the Soul Stew Revival.
There was an opening act, a blues band with Derek's vocalist leading
(can't recall his name), very good. Then a compilation of Susan, Derek,
and both bands came on & rocked the place. Uncle Butch showed up at the
end, and played drums on a song or two. There was also a young man
named Duane Trucks, playing drums - brother of Derek, perhaps? It was
his (Duane's) 19th birthday, too.

Happy New Year to all of my fellow Slowhanders!

Debby J.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Fynan [mailto:clwphils at tampabay.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 5:10 PM
To: slowhand at planet-torque.com
Subject: [Slowhand] Derek Trucks - "I Feel Free"

Derek Trucks and wife Susan Tedeschi performed Cream's "I Feel Free"
as the opening number on their New Year's Eve show in Atlanta.
Interesting performance with Derek on slide. It's the first time
I've known him to play any Cream songs. You can listen to it (and
all the songs) at

http://www.archive.org/details/
dtb2007-12-31.flac24_soul_stew_revival_avantoneCK1b

I saw these two when they were in Orlando two days before. Amazing
show. They don't really do a bunch of his songs or her songs, but a
lot of old covers and things. If you get a chance to see them, you
should.