[Slowhand] Challenges ...

DeltaNick deltanick at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 14:31:17 EST 2008

Bill Mann,

Below are two sentences (?) from two successive e-mails that you posted.

I couldn't understand the e-mails, but I have no freakin' idea what the below sentences mean (please do not explain). Not everyone is a Hemingway, but the English language is for communication, NOT obfuscation.

Besides offending Slowhand Digest readers with your references to syphilis and the like, your posts to this forum read like you're taking drugs, drinking, driving, and "texting," all at the same time, while in a parking garage. (I understood the parking garage part.) They are gibberish. Just take a look at these:

>> Next you guitar guys/blues man no make pilgrimage here to Memphis. <<

>> What I saw last night were guys & gals that knew how to work there guitars (shred), but they lacked the "Buck Wheat Effect". <<

Did you graduate from elementary school? Is English a second language for you? How can you NOT be supremely embarrassed by posting the above? I have NEVER seen posts as non-understandable as yours on the Slowhand Digest in the past 11 years.

Please do not respond. Please post ONLY if your e-mails are understandable by the great majority of English-speaking people, and ONLY if they make sense. Right now, they are not and they don't.

You have already made a fool of yourself, and you risk banishment by the editor, who is a VERY tolerant individual. He really doesn't want to throw anyone off. But numerous subscribers are calling for this to happen.

I assure you, continue to post the way that you have, and you will be gone, because you are simply the best advertisement to come along in decades for the US government's anti-drug campaign. Reading your posts makes me think of the sentence that comes after, "And this is your brain on drugs." It's either that, or your deck of cards is short of the required 52. In case of the latter, you've already caused a number of wrecks on the information superhighway, and your license needs to be suspended indefinitely.

And nobody cares where you spend the night, so please spare us the details. But that parking garage you mentioned sounds like a good place.

DeltaNick