[Slowhand] The Autobiography / Orchestra Night

Jeff Elliott jnt.elliott at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 12:48:18 EDT 2008

Being a music nut, I too was struck by the lack of discussion of the musical
part of his career. I want to know what went on in the studio, how tough
were the recording sessions with Bruce and others. Where is his muse? I
mean, I am always fascinated by the stories many artists share about how
they come up with a certain lick or frame work of a particular song. Keith
Richards is famous (or infamous?) for keeping a tape recorder on his bed
stand into which he hums music he hears in his head while dreaming. Or so
the story/legend is told.

Clapton seems willing to talk about that in some venues, specifically in the
Classic Album series where he talks some about the making of Disraeli Gears,
but maybe he doesn't see the value in putting that down in writing. I know
I'd buy and read the book if he chose to.

Jeff

_____