[Slowhand] Derek & The Dominos on Wolfgang's Vault

Shanahan mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 29 09:25:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

Wolfgang's Vault now has the complete Derek & The Dominos late shows from
the Fillmore on 23rd & 24th October 1970 for everyone to listen to.

Most of these tracks were officially released on the In Concert LP and The
Fillmore Concerts CD.

Those who weren't lucky enough to receive a copy of the Paddington Complete
Fillmore Tapes can now add the 4 missing songs from the 23rd and the 3
missing songs from the 24th.

I was especially interested in upgrading the audience only recording of
Bottle Of Red Wine from the 24th with this 'new improved' though somewhat
limited soundboard through the internet.

Unfortunately they have used the same take as the 23rd, but have adjusted
the speed to make it longer so it seems to be a different take.

I have noticed similar practices with some CDs where one track will be given
as well as an "alternate" take, but upon closer inspection they have just
sped up the same track.

Anyone have any ideas why Wolfgang's Vault would want to deceive us EC fans
with such an obvious ploy??

Huh? huh??

Well?

Anyone?