[Slowhand] Clapton composes song for upcoming Solomon Burke album (due June 2008)

John Walasko jwalasko at telus.net
Sat Apr 26 14:10:21 EDT 2008

RE: Clapton composes song for upcoming Solomon Burke album (due June
2008)

Hi,

The following quote comes from the shout factory website. It's all the
info I've been able to find about this project:

June 10 2008 will see the release of Solomon Burke’s highly personal
new album, Like A Fire. Produced by Grammy®-winning master drummer
Steve Jordan, this soulful new project features songs written
specifically for the album by an all-star team of songwriters,
including Eric Clapton, Ben Harper, Jesse Harris, and Keb’ Mo’.
Solomon will embark on a national tour this summer, including stops at
the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, Telluride Bluegrass Festival and
the Hollywood Bowl.

- end quote -

PS: Shout Factory is a reissue label that I believe was started a few
years ago by one of the founders of Rhino Records. They seem to
concentrate mainly on DVD reissues, but the company operates a record
label as well.