[Slowhand] Roy Rogers

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 1 20:24:50 EDT 2008

You really need to see Roy Rogers (and the Delta Rhythm Kings) in concert, and you won't be disappointed. We just returned from a trek north to Chico, Ca. to see him play at the Sierra Nevada Brewrey in the Big Room, and what a great evening it was. The concert tickets were $20 each and the buffet dinner $12.50, and it was all good - Sierra Nevadas all night long at just $3.25 for a cold, draft pint. I chatted with Mrs. RR, Gay-nel (I really don't know how to spell her name; so, that's a phonetic spelling). What a sweetie - Tuesday night was their 24th anniversary! RR signed the 2xCD I bought from the mrs. and promised that a DVD would be forthcoming when they get together the money (of the Big Room performance that's occassionly shown on PBS channels - Sierra Center Stage). See http://www.sierranevada.com/bigroom/calendar.asp for information on upcoming concerts. It's worth the trip - highly recommended.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyR10EK9KhY&feature=related
What an opening act RR would be for our man Eric!

Mel