[Slowhand] AC Concert

tnorth116 at comcast.net tnorth116 at comcast.net
Tue May 27 14:21:12 EDT 2008

I was at the Atlantic City concert and his playing was superb--one blistering solo after another, but I agree that the set list is just too Blues heavy. I knew the basic set list going in, but still, after the acoustic part, I was getting tired of the limited harmonic structure that all blues is based on. I saw the Cream reunion in NYC but I still think he should have done at least one or two Cream songs. Maybe Eric was trying to prove that his improvisational skills are not limited by the relative simplicity of the blues form, and I guess he succeeded there, but my ear was longing for some more complex chord changes. Thank God he played Layla--now that was sweet.