[Slowhand] (no subject)

Michael Sawin msawin at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 14:15:45 EDT 2008

Just got back from seeing Eric at Harewood House. The open-air concert, in front of just 14000 people-was staged on the grounds of a stately old home on the outskirts of Leeds. With the house and a beautiful sunset as a backdrop, EC played to a rather unenthusiastic audience (as compared to Hyde Park the day before where, with the exception of the new songs, the 100,000 crowd knew and sang along with Eric-a rare thing indeed, especially in the UK).
It seems that the Random Set List Generator is slowly cranking into action with the set list thus:

1)Tell The Truth
2)Key To The Highway
3)Hoochie Coochie Man
4)Isn't It A Pity (a really lovely version)
5)Outside Woman Blues
6)Here But I'm Gone (Played at Hyde Park-a mellow C.Mayfield number)
7)Why Does Love....
8)Driftin'
9)Rockin' Chair
10)Motherless Child
11)T.Riverside Blues
12)Running On Faith
13)Motherless Children
14)Little Queen OF Spades
15)Before U Accuse Me
16)W.Tonight
17)Layla
18)Cocaine
19)Mojo (a truly amazing version-R.Randolph and Eric were inspired!)

The downside-it only took 2 hours to get out of the car park after the gig!

Abe Laborial Jnr. on drums was a show in itself and, with the help of Willie Weeks on bass, drove the band forward in a fashion I haven't heard or seen in a quite a while. A European road trip in August suddenly seems a bit more appealing.

'The Music Business is a cruel and shallow money trench-a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side' Hunter S. Thompson