[Slowhand] anyone care where phil palmer ended up?

sam mangano mangs88 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 27 19:04:35 EDT 2008

George Michael's touring band! I surprised my wife on Mothers Day with
tickets to his show in philly (she is a HUGE fan and never saw him
live). It was like going to a 10,000 seat gay dance club (not that there
is anything wrong with that). The tix were so expensive, that it didnt
sell well. although the ticket said starting promptly at 8pm, it took 40
minutes to exchange out the nosebleed ticket holders with seats in the
lower bowl to make it look more well attended (no one at all had to sit
in the rafters, nice touch for them).

The stage set up was pretty sweet - 3 large video screens, and the band
playing on 3 levels of scaffolding in between the screens. After
intermission, some band members came down on the main stage for "Faith".
The white haired guitarist who played the rockabilly guitar solo on a
blue strat looked familiar to me, but i couldnt place him. as the show
ended, the tour credits came up on the middle video screen, and then i
knew!

For those not familiar, Phil Palmer was EC's second guitarist during the
Journeyman Era.....and as Paul Harvey once said, "and now you
know....the rest of the story"!

l8r
sammy