[Slowhand] Bonamassa / Gatton live in NYC

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 07:29:09 EDT 2008

I can confirm that a young Joe Bonamassa sat in with Danny Gatton at that show in NYC.  An audience recording of this gig hit the torrent sites a few months ago.  Also, for those of us who discovered Bonamassa during his stint with "Bloodline" (still one of my top favorite albums), there was a special on I think the "Bravo" TV network back in .... 1998? about Joe and the band. To quote Joe when I mentioned it to him "oh, that was back when I was fat".  In that documentary there is backstage footage of Danny and Joe swapping some licks and comparing guitars (Joe's 1954 Sunburst Strat, and Danny's "Mother of Toilet Seat" Custom Shop Tele).

Hope this answers your question!

AG