[Slowhand] Is The Anybody Out There (With Apologies to Pink Floyd)

Almighty Geetarz almighty_geetarz at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 07:25:10 EDT 2008

Yep, I am still around.

One won't find a lot of people posting - because they CAN'T. This has been beaten to death on the SD in the past. I don't know why, but many people's posts just don't find their way to the SD. Which has contributed to its steady decline.

I can't speak to the reasons - luckily, it's not a problem we've had to deal with on ClaptonBoots - which I guess is why the membership has steadily grown over the past 4 years.

As for me, I'm checking in albeit not very regularly. I've pretty much been "on the road" since the EC tour began: 8 EC shows (Tampa, Hollywood, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Holmdel, Atlantic City, and Jones Beach), and a raft of others (Robert Randolph Revival, Leo Kottke, Chuck Berry, etc. etc.).  On the few days I'm home I'm doing the work thing and stuggling to keep up with laundry etc. so I haven't been online as much.  Last weekend was Mark Knopfler at NJPAC (fantastic show, and the best sound ever at a gig), and Rick Springfield out on Long Island (stop laughing).  Tonight I'm off to New Hampshire and Hyannis, Mass for the Trucks / Tedeschi "Soul Stew" shows, armed with an officially licensed (tm) Derek Trucks Head on a Stick (with Detachable Ponytail).  Weekend after is 3rd row for B.B. King, and the weekend after that ... what's better than ONE Frampton show?  Well obviously it's TWO Frampton shows back to back here in Williamsburg.  After
that things get blurry and I'll have to check my calendar. Bonamassa, The Who, the Fab Faux, and other gigs to come this fall.

Outta here ... you kids behave!

AG