[Slowhand] EC's banter

Dr Grant Abt gabt at mac.com
Tue Mar 10 16:22:20 EDT 2009

G'day Tone,

I've seen EC many times and he rarely speaks between songs. I suspect
he's actually quite shy in person and finds it difficult to say
anything interesting between songs. I suspect he also thinks that
people come to listen to the music and not listen to him ramble on.
While I go to the concerts to hear the music, I agree with you that
his concerts would be even better if he told a story or two. Being the
legend he is he must have loads of stories about how songs came about
or things that happend during their recording. Hearing about those
things would be fasinating.

So, don't worry, he doesn't have a beef with Aussies, it's just his
way. As a contrast, I went to see Bob Dylan a few years ago and he
made EC look like he could talk for England!

Hooroo,

Grant.