[Slowhand] EC's Between Song Banter ...

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lands.nsw.gov.au
Thu Mar 12 22:23:51 EDT 2009

I also suspect that Eric takes his performances 100% seriously nowadays,
and has done for several years. Hence he is concentrating hard on the
performance, and a relaxed banter may not fit that scenario, for him at
least.

I can recall a motor racing driver out here in Australia several years
ago, an ex-patriot Canadian named Allan Moffat, who was totally focussed
on his racing and preparation to the point of rudeness to the press and
fans during a meet. He was generally perceived as arrogant, and was not
all that popular a driver here. After he retired I met him on a few
occasions and he could not have been more affable and charming. He was
one guy who probably was unable to mix business and pleasure.

Maybe to a lesser degree, Eric's attitude is like that too.

Cheers,
Jon