[Slowhand] EC's Between Song Banter ...

Simon George simon.george5 at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 12 11:01:17 EDT 2009

I think EC still smarts from that rant in the mid-70's when he nearly ruined
his career.
Having seen EC regularly over the last 19 years, I can confirm that the odd
wise crack and banter is all you get, I remember a little bit during the
blues gigs he did in (correct me if I'm wrong) 1994 when he said a few words
about how much it meant to him to put on those gigs, when you would've
expected a little bit of background to each song, but he didnt. Apart from
that, in all those years, the between song stuff rarely goes beyond "thank
you/good evening/good night" and introducing any new songs.
On one occasion I remember him saying, " No talking, notice, no talking, I
dont know how to talk into these things (microphones), I always say too much
and give myself away, or too little, so there'll be no talking, I'll just
play"
Simon