[Slowhand] Crossroads Tickets

Kevin O'Rourke korourke3 at wi.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 21:20:52 EST 2010

Maybe someone on here would like to take pity one me.... I was judging a
childrens Lego block building contest for the National Association of Women
in Construction so I didn't have a chance to score a set of tickets. It's
actually kind of a neat program. They give kids grades 1-5 a bag of 100
legos and they have 45 minutes to build anything they can come up with.
While they are building them each judge (engineers and construction
professionals) have eight kids to interview about the what, why, etc of what
they built. They get judged on the reasons why and the creativity of what
they built. They can win Savings Bonds and the overall winner gets to move
on to the regional and national competions where they can win scholarships.
This was the third year that I've done it and I wouldn't have passed it
up..... Well maybe for Crossroads tickets but I didn't because I had made a
commitment.

If anyone has an extra pair I'd really appreciate it. I live in Milwaukee
so it's close for me and I'd love to go. Please.

Thanks,
Kevin