[Slowhand] Rolling Stone Magazine

Ron Ciul reciul at mac.com
Mon Feb 22 19:41:21 EST 2010

Just read the March Rolling Stone cover article about Jeff Beck & Eric Clapton.
I thought is was a great article. A lot of it was about Eric & Jeff sitting
around Jeff's house discussing the early days. Lots of talk about the early
rivalries, & The Yardbirds. Sounded like two old friends shooting the shit and
some one recorded it.

Biggest surprise was quote "Clapton is also finishing a new album, possibility a
double. It started last yeas as a follow-up to his 2006 release with songwriter
J.J Cale, The Road to Escondido, with new Clapton originals, but has evolved
into a wildly diverse covers project with songs by among others, Mose Allison,
Irving Berlin and Fats Waller."

" covered anything I ever longed to do" Clapton says with delight. When he
played some of the tracks for guitarist Ry Cooder, the latter said, "You cant
put this out. People will get whiplash". Clapton is now thinking o calling the
record Whiplash.

Good Read, Highly Recommended

Ron Ciul