[Slowhand] D&B and Friends On Tour Box set

Dave McAffee davemcaffee at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:39:07 EDT 2010

Has any body on the digest heard any of this boxed set? Is it worth getting?

In the steverhoffman forums Bobby Whitlock reveals that on the original album the lead volcals were re-recorded and overdubbed because they were so bad live. Does the boxed set recordings backup up his statement?

"When we got back from the tour with Eric and George we went into the studio to review the tapes and it was a real eye opener I can tell you...It sounded terrible!....Delaney had to replace all of the lead and background vocals on it..His singing was waay off and so was his guitar playing...He re-did most of his guitar work as well..He had to...It was pretty amazing what we had come home with

I'm talking about the "Live Delaney & Bonnie On Tour With Eric Clapton"...If you didn't know, you wouldn't know unless someone told you...I'm telling you now...... I was there singing my parts all over as if we were live..We redid Most of the lead vocals as well...They went through a lot to get the right reverbs and the sound to match up...But they had the great Jimmy Miller taking care of business!!.....It's a lot more simple now than back then but not much...."BW c2008

Thanks

dave