[Slowhand] New Album - old story

Brian Tronsgaard tronsgaard at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 12:06:09 EDT 2010

"Yvonne. Yvonne, Yvonne, Yvonne..." EC, 1974.Well, first of all, thank you for calling my few latest messages nonsense. I guess that's how it is on this list. I'm 32, been a fan for almost twenty years - at least the first half of them as a dedicated disciple, with Eric teaching me how to play guitar (well, from the albums and videos...) and leading me back to the roots with all the blues guys, country, folk, reggae and just all his musical friends in the Band and the Stones and those Beatles and just about every corner of music. Mostly good. I got that Marc Roberty 1993 book just called Clapton, with loads of crazy pictures from his whole life - and yep, I tried to dress and look like him at various stages. And, I must admit, copied the drinking too. My parents thought I was gonnna be a good lil boy listening to Clapton in my room!So you know, he will always be "family" and you kinda yell at each other at times. Every time there's news of a new album I get my hopes up. I don't know why I never learn. I saw Eric at the Albert Hall last year playing that Not Dark Yet Dylan-song. I liked that! My first concert was in 95, the blues tour. Will never forget that night. That was the sh*t. And he can still play. Argh, let me wrap this up: The JJ Cale album, and his 00's albums have had the soul pulled out of them with protools and maybe toys getting in the way or something. But a double-album could be a new direction - but then I saw the cover with this title, like when not even someone around you can come up with one, like ANYTHING - it just got to me. I know it's just a damn cover, and who cares. It's just the things behind it, music and his whole approach these days. The way From The Cradle is produced, why not try that with new material or/and cover songs. And don't get me wrong; I like many SONGS on each of all those 00s albums. The production is plastic, to my ears. But then again I like Toots and the Maytals early simply recorded, almost recorded in Crappy Sound - and that to me just have so much soul in it, you're in the same room with the music, it's got that FEELING! All this talk is not nonsense to me. I don't think so, at least. "Re New Album. I never heard so much fuss and nonsense over a new album cover in all my life. Just get a grip on yourselves please." (YM) "I will welcome anything new, cover versions or not." (YM) Live? That won't happen."Remember his first solo album in 1970 just called Eric Clapton ?" that started it all, I'm sure this wont end it all." (YM) Well, you're dealing with EC fans here - no need to talk down to people. And also, then he already kind of used that name!My good friend the milk man is a-callin, so I best be on my way,bye for now, friends....Brian Tronsgaard.