[Slowhand] (no subject)

janet furlong jewels7182000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 14:31:01 EDT 2010

Hi Brian - Apologies if we collectively made you feel like your posts were nonsense. You certainly spurred more reply activity than this list has seen in a long time, though, for whatever that may be worth.

I actually agree with you, mostly, in hoping so very much for the type of EC record you really want - me, I could go for another Dominos record, while Delta Nick would probably love another Bluesbreakers record. Judging from audience response at the June 30th show I attended, *that* crowd of EC fans would like another album full of Wonderful Tonight, acoustic Layla, and Rock and Roll Heart (Seriously? RnR Heart? Oy...) EC played "When Somebody Thinks You're Wonderful" in that show, which made me sort of think, oh, no, here comes the next record of "standards my father would like," ala Rod Stewart's string of "classics" releases. Not really want I want out of my old British rockers, thanks. (On the other hand, Roger Daltrey was the opener at that EC concert, rip-roaring out a bunch of Who tunes and doing them loud and rockin, as they should be done, hallelujah - gotta say, he kind of blew EC off the stage that night, at least for me - and maybe the old
hippie dude sitting across the aisle from me, who shook his head and muttered, "that's just not right" during the sit-down Layla.)

Seems like being an EC fan often involves some level of disappointment, as he's done so many different things over his long career - but then I listen to older stuff of his that I still love like nothing else, and I will keep hoping and buying as long as he keeps releasing music, which I hope will be for a long time to come.

Cheers,
Janet