[Slowhand] McCartney Tale Sounds Bogus

Nicholas Aleshin deltanick at comcast.net
Thu Aug 5 19:07:25 EDT 2010

>> At a recent concert Paul McCartney recounted...

McCartney stopped the show several times to recount stories from his past, which are timeless pieces of rock and roll history from a man who lived it. He told a story about how Jimi Hendrix decided to do a live cover Sgt. Pepper’s shortly after its release and that he and the rest of The Beatles were in the audience. He went on to explain that Hendrix added a lot to the guitar solos, frivolously utilizing his whammy bar and putting his guitar all out of tune. McCartney said that it got so bad that Hendrix asked if Eric [Clapton] was in the crowd to come help him re-tune, and Clapton, after much coaxing, obliged and got onstage to tune Hendrix’s guitar so he could finish the show. <<

This is funny, Why is it that I am hearing this for the very first time in 2010. I saw Clapton and Hendrix back in the 1960s several times. The story sounds bogus.

DeltaNick