[Slowhand] D & B & F w/EC box

Bruce Wilson kbw at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 17 22:32:59 EDT 2010

This is way cool! The sound is fine. Royal Albert show opens with goofy intro of 'Eric Clapton & friends' who improvise something that could have been on Apple Jam. Then Bobby Whitlock is introduced by EC and sings "Gimme Some Lovin'." Then another goofier intro of band members, nearly omitting Carl 'Raddle' (with someone yelling "Radle, Radle" off mic), and D & B & Rita 'Cooridge.'

Do not be deterred by the repetitive setlists. Every performance shines and EC is outstanding on "I Don't Know Why."

Liner notes identify "near as we can tell" the tunes from the original 'On Tour' album with unspecified overdubs -- all are from the 2nd show at Fairfield except "I Don't Want to Discuss It" from Royal Albert Hall and "Where There's a Will..." from the 1st show at Fairfield.