[Slowhand] Paul on Jimi and that damn out of tune guitar

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lpma.nsw.gov.au
Thu Aug 19 22:12:20 EDT 2010

Aha, but Eric has contradicted himself on occasion too. In Eric's case, probably much like any of us, it is more likely due to the passing of time. It would be difficult to accurately recall events that occurred 30-40 years ago, even though to many of us as 'students' of his work, they are well known events. In McCartney's case I expect he too would have memory lapses, but to a mild degree he has attempted to re-write history in some instances, no doubt in the hope of being remembered more fondly. Just my opinion of course, but I don't think that is the case with Clapton.

Cheers,
Jon