[Slowhand] EC & Mandolin

Fabio Dwyer fabiodwyer at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 14:32:21 EDT 2010

But Bryan, mandolin and dobro are completely different animals...anyone who can play guitar, can play a dobro to a certain level - of course you can play it 'better' by retuning it to traditional blues opening-tunings and with the use of a bottleneck - don't forget about Unplugged's Walking Blues, Running on Faith and Rollin' and Tumblin', and Roger Water' s Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hicking, wher EC plays it fairly well.

Mandolin has 8 strings, and it tunes like a violin (G-D-A-E from Low to High), different from standard guitar tunings. Besides that, the frets are so damn small! It does surprise me:-) Actually, I rebember in the first Christie's Auction, Clapton sold and old electric Fender mandolin, but he sold an electric sitar as well, and I believe he ever used that professionally too, he owned them just for the collection sake...

Anyone else???

Cheers,
Fabio