[Slowhand] Regarding Bonus Tracks

Jon Maclean macca461 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 05:33:36 EDT 2010

While there is every reason for us all to be angered by the Reprise marketing of the "Clapton" album (once touted as a double album with the working title "Whiplash", let's not forget), it would, as David points out, be foolish of any of us to advocate doing anything illegal. What we certainly all can and probably should do however, is email Reprise Records individually and vent our concerns. Any record company is highly unlikely to take much notice of consumers, but if they receive enough flak, Reprise may at least consider re-thinking this type of policy with future releases and may, just may, try to do something later on to appease serious Clapton fans.

It is a long shot, but the Reprise email address is:

reprise at wbr.com

So let's all type even a line or two and the more emails they get, the better.

And by way of comparison, the new Phil Collins album on Atlantic Records comes as a standard release with about 18 tracks, and also as an expanded CD/DVD pack with 25 tracks on the CD and another 4 bonus songs included as wav files on the DVD, as well as making of docos, etc. The expanded edition is only a few dollars dearer than the standard one. If only Reprise had adopted this kind of policy with the Clapton album...........................

Cheers,

Jon

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:05:06 -0400
Subject: [Slowhand] Regarding Bonus Tracks

John Shortridge writes...

> I also think this is a great idea. A copy should also be sent to the

> record company!

> I'll help facilitate this process.

Yeah, great idea... why don't you just beg them to sue me.

Please make sure your righteous indignation over a few tracks doesn't
wind up biting me in the ass. Thanks.

--
David Hillman