[Slowhand] Bonus Tracks

Ken Norris Ken_Norris at umit.maine.edu
Tue Oct 5 12:53:44 EDT 2010

Kevin wanted someone to talk about the bonus tracks, so I guess I will.

All IMHO:

Midnight Hour Blues is great. It's my third favorite song on the album, after Hard Times Blues and Can"t Hold Out Much Longer. Clearly, I like the blues. I think it is an old Leroy Carr song. Great stuff.

When Take A Little Walk With Me started playing I swore I was listening to Sweet Home Chicago. Well, it seems to be Robert Lockwood Jr's rewriting of Sweet Home Chicago. I still think EC could have changed
the arrangement A LITTLE, to make it sound a little bit less like his version of Sweet Home Chicago.

I Was Fooled is a pretty silly song. I don't know who originally recorded it. If My Very Good Friend The Milkman was a single I would put I Was Fooled on the B side.

You'd Better Watch Yourself is, indeed, the same song as Watch Yourself on 24 Nights. That being said, it is a very nice version of the song. I thought it was going to be all harmonica solo, but towards the end someone, maybe EC, plays a few guitar
notes. But it's good.

John Mayer just released an "expanded edition" of Battle Studies. Maybe there will be an "expanded edition" of Clapton. Maybe they will sell it for $9.99 at Best Buy, with a Best Buy exclusive bonus track.

Ken