[Slowhand] Got My Complementary Link

Kevin Wilson kevinwilson at telkomsa.net
Thu Oct 7 14:26:53 EDT 2010

Hey Eric, your parent company sent me a new complimentary link to your album
'Clapton' - and it works. This was after me bitching with the customer care
people about the delay in shipping (the bloody operative word it seems).

You've certainly not given us a guitar album, but then again when have you
ever promised to do that? We last had so few and rear mixed solos from you
on 461 OB. But don't get me wrong mate, overall you've given us a very
enjoyable album. Very enjoyable indeed. Sleepy at times, but we can get used
to that. And don't be so harsh with yourself about your voice. If I can sing
along with you - its fine by me.

"Run Back to Your Side" can turn into the 60s "Crossroads" of our time -
once you decide to wobble that slide off his finger. Can't wait for the
special event you choose to do it. Yeah, I know the time must be right, but
don't wait too long, see - that ole sweet chariot might swing low for us all
before long.

Great idea, there, waiting for 'Clapton' to hit big, what! And then touring
it. Can we expect you to shake it up again with the live performances? It's
not like we don't enjoy the live shows, old son, but we geezers and babes
have outstanding - you know, real outstanding - versions, from other shows,
of the stuff coming out on the CGF 2010 DVD.

Final note then, since it's gonna be a World Tour: This time around put on a
show in my neck of the woods. Ginger stays around here somewhere. You know,
just to show him you've still got the chops and all that.

Kevin