[Slowhand] Clapton-the album

finglas at finglas.karoo.co.uk finglas at finglas.karoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 17:47:27 EDT 2010

Well I listened to my iPod for about 4 hours today as I was building a
fence.

I heard EC stuff from nearly all periods of his career. Some blistering
guitar work from Cream at the BBC, The sublime WDLGTBSS from the Dominoes
live at the Fillmore, Voodoo Chile from his first gig with Steve
Winwood and so on.

I also listened to the whole of the Clapton album.

Having been duped into not liking it because of the outpourings of those
whose opinions I normally admire I wanted to listen without prejudice.

In my very humble opinion it is neither over produced nor is a snore fest.
It feels almost unclean to say "yes, I like Clapton-the album"

Nothing pleases me more than hearing him rip it up but I also think he has
other talents, the album is layered and lovely with some great playing from
all involved and hearing him play the mandolin makes it worth the price on
it's own.

All the music company bullshit over extra tracks is just that, bullshit.
EC doesn't really need the money so get torrenting boys and girls!!!

There, I feel better now.