[Slowhand] Clapton

Mel Boss darmel at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 25 15:50:13 EDT 2010

I appreciate your comments about Clapton, Grant, and I don't disagree with
anything that you wrote. I like his voice and the guitar work that's there is
fluid and rich as we would expect it to be. My criticisms are that he never
varies the pace - just one pretty standard after another until the generous
collection of songs just fades away with the last song. It's almost as though
he's implying that he doesn't have anything poignant, relevent, creative to say
anymore. Contrast this to Mark Knopfler who writes and produces everything he
records and confesses to have literally thousands of songs "in process."

I don't dislike the album - it's well mixed, but I was hoping and looking for
something to love. While I continue to listen to this new album, I often find
myself leaving it before it has completed. I'm 62 yrs old this coming January,
but I'm not that dull just yet nor am I willing to accept this as a great work.
It's simply lacks creativity in my opinion. I think that I play the new Robt
Plant album, as it's growing on me more and more.

Mel