[Slowhand] zzzz Post re EC's "Clapton"

deb bluesgurl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 15:46:05 EDT 2010

I could not agree more with Mel's posts re Clapton's new album.  Thanks, Mel, for finding some humor in this debacle called "Clapton."

My anecdote:  a friend (who thinks of me as a Clapton fan-atic,) and who himself enjoys Clapton now and then asked me to play for him Clapton's new CD.  I discouraged this idea, explaining to him to "trust me, even a 40-year fan-atic such as myself cannot bear to listen again, and a casual fan like you, no, you do not want to subject yourself to this drivel."

Now his curiousity was peaked, so the disc enters the drive.  After 2 songs, he was convinced that the disc was defective...it sounded to him like the songs were practice songs, the throwaways on the way to the finished product!  "Are you sure you didn't accidentally get a bootleg of the practice sessions, rather than the finished product?" This can't be something Eric Clapton would send to his fans to purchase!

In my observation, my friend's casual fan's observations were spot on.

Deb.