[Slowhand] 3 Cream questions

Shanahan . mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 06:36:43 EST 2012

Hello...hello....hello

(first 'hello' is 36 font size, second 'hello' is 14 font size, 3rd 'hello' is 4 font size) get the picture?

In the halcyon days of the Digest back in the 90's rumour had it there were 15,914 members.

With the www being SO accessible these days, the Slowhand membership has unfortunately dropped to just 4.

So I'll ask three Cream related questions that I would like to know the answers to and the remaining members can have a shot at answering them.

How does that sound?

1) On my vinyl of Disraeli Gears, World Of Pain is credited to Gail Collins & Felix Pappalardi. On the DCC Gold CD the credit is Clapton, Pappalardi & Collins. How come?

2) On the DCC Gold Wheels Of Fire we have the missing part of the jam slotted in giving us the full version. On the TWTD box set there is an extra 8 bars in the last "It is a cold winter" section. How come?

3) And this is a question I asked way back in 2004 when the Deluxe Disraeli Gears came out. But no one replied. If all the out-takes and extra live Cream tracks were lost in the Great Atlantic Tape Arhive Fire. how is it they managed to dig up a version of Eric singing Blue Condition?

And yes I am going through a Cream phase again (Phase 212)

Cheers

Tone

PS

Hi David, thanks for the many years you have been running the Digest. I shudder to think how empty my Clapton information and Clapton music sharing world would have been without the Digest all those years ago.