[Slowhand] Olli Vs DeltaNick

Shanahan . mowdamowda at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:51:16 EDT 2012

Hi Ollie,

You've definitely got it wrong with Nick.

Did you love Back Home?

If so, Nick was correct.

Nick, in 34 sentences (yes, I sort of counted them) explained in detail many aspects of what he likes and doesn't like about Clapton's sidemen, music, output etc. And what he would like to see and hear Eric do in the future.

Food for thought.

Your entire post was bagging out Nick. Nothing about Eric.

Let's keep the subject to Eric and leave the personal abuse to pricks like me.

I also happened to really like the 3 track CD single "Back Home" I just didn't care for the 9 bonus tracks they added on.

One of my all time favourite Clapton songs is "Water On The Ground", a song very few Clapton fans would even give a second listen.

I also love EVERYTHING that Cream put out including The Coffee Song, Wrapping Paper and Blue Condition (okay Mother's Lament is a bit of a stretch, but I don't mind it really)

Some other Clapton 3 track singles I think are okay are Backless, No Reason To Cry, Another Ticket, August and Journey Man.

Clapton albums I love ....... 1st, 461, There's One In Every Crowd, Unplugged, Money & Cigarettes, Behind The Sun and Pilgrim.

I don't mind producers Phil Collins and Simon Climie.

>From The Cradle gets a play once every couple of years. A great album for what it is but I just prefer to put on something else by Eric.

I can't tell the difference when hearing Eric play a Fender or a Gibson.

Now that should be enough to show that us Clapton fans are a wide and varied bunch and quite passionate when it comes to EC likes and dislikes.

Have I told you what I really think about "Next Time You See Her", Wonderful Tonight" and "Three Little Girls"?

Anyway you get the picture...sometimes you've got to read between the lines with Nick's posts.

Cheers

Tone