[Slowhand] Cream Farewell tour boot

Greg Hilker greghilker at gmx.de
Sat Apr 14 11:59:35 EDT 2012

Maybe somebody can help me identify a Cream bootleg a friend recently gave me.
All he knows is that it is supposedly from the Farewell tour in 1968.
The first 7 songs sound like they were taken from the same concert.
The 8th song, Politician, has some real heavy-duty noise filtering applied to it
and it sounds bubbly during the soft passages.
The last song, SOTOTW, was most likely taken directly from the "Goodbye" album.

Here's the track list with some comments which may help someone identify where
it boot is from:
1. White Room 6:42 (@0:45, after Jack sings "with black curtains", it jumps to
the start of the next verse)
2. Crossroads 4:31 (very fast version)
3. SOYL 6:43 (big technical problems: lose bass @2:38 during 1st solo for 15
sec; lose bass @4:06 during 2nd solo for 50 sec; at the end Clapton says "Thank
you. Sorry. Sorry about the technical hangup.")
4. Traintime 9:56 (Intro EC: "This one features Jack on harmonica with Traintime.")
5. Toad 14:12 (Intro EC: "We'd like to feature Ginger now in his drum solo. Toad.")
6. Spoonful 15:11 (Intro Ginger: "We'd like to do, for our final number, Spoonful."
7. I'm So Glad 7:10

8. Politician 6:49 (Intro EC: "The next one is also from Wheels of Fire and is
called The Politician.")
9. Sitting on Top of the World 4:55

Thanks,
Greg