[Slowhand] Got to Get Over

Jason Linden jason461 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:05:15 EST 2013

I'm not thrilled with this song. Very white bread, if you ask me. I was
quite happy with Clapton's last few offerings ("Clapton" and the Marsalis
collaboration). I'll still buy the album, of course, but lately I've really
started following Richard Thompson more closely. He's just a few years
younger than Clapton, but his late career offerings have been amazingly
vital. High quality. Adventurous. Interesting.

With Clapton, I've pretty much reached the conclusion that until he really
has something to say, he should stick to revisiting older tunes. I think he
does well with that kind of thing, and I'd love to see more of it.

-Jason