[Slowhand] Marc Roberty: Day by Day - The Early Years

Nicholas Aleshin deltanick at comcast.net
Tue Jul 16 18:56:10 EDT 2013

In an online conversation regarding Roberty's new book, an acquaintance mentions that Roberty's book reveals that if asked, Clapton would have joined Traffic. I find this interesting, as I've long thought of Traffic as sort of a British version of the Band, or the Band as an American version of Traffic. Clapton still considers the Band his favorite ... band.

Although not exact equivalents, but both are eclectic in a "national" way, encompassing the musical roots of their respective lands in both historic and contemporary genres. And the blues is the common parent to sweet'n'sour rock'n'roll, as Clapton mentioned when Blind Faith was formed: a confluence of American, Canadian, and British cultures.

DeltaNick