[Slowhand] Marc Roberty: Day by Day - The Early Years

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lpi.nsw.gov.au
Tue Jul 16 19:23:18 EDT 2013

And I would add that that is a similar case to the often repeated mistake that Clapton's birth name was Clapp.
Several printed books over the years quoted this as fact and as you say, the internet has only muddied the waters further, so to speak.
Having said that though, as a music (and in particular Clapton) collector I have found the internet invaluable in my pursuit of information and music, despite any such shortcomings.

Cheers,
Jon