[Slowhand] Basel 2013 performance

Jon Maclean Jon.Maclean at lpi.nsw.gov.au
Thu Nov 21 20:09:54 EST 2013

I've been listening to Eric's performance on Nov 14 at Basel.
Nice show, some inspired stuff from Eric and the J J Cale songs are a highlight, especially the "new" ones (for EC), "Don't Go To Strangers" and "Since You Said Goodbye". Layla, Wonderful, Crossroads and Cocaine are predictable workouts and Carrack's rendition of his own "How Long" does little for me I'm afraid. All part of appealing to a wider audience though. Nice to see Andy getting to do "Gin House" again after a lengthy absence, but I did prefer Eric playing slide guitar on this, as he did around 1999.
Still, a good show all up.

Cheers,
Jon

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the NSW Government. This email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.