[StBernard] Questions

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Oct 30 00:24:23 EDT 2005

Some questions:

Can anyone remember the exact date that the holding tank for Murphy floated
off its foundation? What parts of the parish was still underwater when this
happened? Which tank floated? (north side of judge perez or south side)(if
north side, close to judge perez or the 40 arpert canal?)

*** The oil spill occurred on Sep 3 from a tank on the lake side of Judge
Perez (if you look at an aerial photo that is properly aligned, it was the
middle tank on the right hand side). Most of the parish still had some
water, although it had started to dry up on the river side of Judge Perez.
I can't say for certain exactly where there was water. ***

There was web page from I believe from the Coast Guard that advised which
oil spills had taken place after Katrina, and how much oil was spilled. In
this article Murphy was listed as loosing over 100,000 gallons of oil, now
it is reported that only 25,000 gallons were lost. Does anyone remember
where this article was? Also, what about a benzene spill that was stated
at the Parish townhall meeting held in Baton Rouge?

*** I don't recall any mention of a benzene spill, it was probably a spill
over in conversation resulting from the oil spill. The 25,000 gallons is
probably the amount of oil that either evaporated or is unrecoverable. ***

Westley